[Zope] Mounted Databases with ZEO and Zope 2.7.2

kosh kosh at aesaeion.com
Sun Aug 15 13:58:50 EDT 2004

I am having a problem getting databases to mount properly with ZEO. I have an
older Data.fs file that I started a ZEO server with and I wanted to be able
to mount it on one of the zope clients under /archive. Under the Control
Panel the db shows up however inside the ZMI even after using the ZODB Mount
Point product that is part of zope and clicking on the folder it created I
can't see anything from that database. If I change the mount point to / then
I can see everything in it as expected so I suspect something is strange
about how it is being mounted but I could find no docs on how to fix that.

This is the config section for that mount.

  <zodb_db archive>
   mount-point /archive
   <zeoclient>
     server 192.168.0.1:10001
     storage archive
     name archivezeo
     var $INSTANCE/var
   </zeoclient>
   cache-size 10000
 </zodb_db>

If I change mount-point to / I can then see everything on it but that pretty
much defeats the point the doing this.

I even tried copying this file locally and using

<zodb_db old>
    # Main FileStorage database
    <filestorage>
      path $INSTANCE/var/Data.fs
    </filestorage>
    mount-point /old
    cache-size 40000
</zodb_db>

That did not work either but it works if the mount point is set to /

Any help would be appreciated