[Zope] CookieCrumbler - default authentication dialog

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 07:54:23 EDT 2004

John Hunter wrote:
> However, when anonymous users try and access a protected resource, a
> standard http authentication dialog pops up.  I want them to be
> directed to my login/login page instead.

This generally means you're CookieCrumbler's login_method property
hasn't been set correctly, or the page it points to itsn't anonymously
viewable.

When that box pops up, hit cancel, see if the message it gives you gives
you any clues. The VerboseSecurity product may help here...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk