[Zope] Zope 2.7 zopectl problem

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Aug 16 16:07:20 EDT 2004

I'm having a problem with one of my Zope instances where zopectl is
failing oddly:

  $ ./zopectl start
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/var/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopectl.py", line 207, in ?
      main()
    File "/var/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopectl.py", line 190, in main
      c.onecmd(" ".join(options.args))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 210, in onecmd
      return func(arg)
    File "/var/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopectl.py", line 134, in do_start
      ZDCmd.do_start(self, arg)
    File "/var/lib/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdctl.py", line 214, in do_start
      os.spawnvp(flag, args[0], args)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/os.py", line 543, in spawnvp
      return _spawnvef(mode, file, args, None, execvp)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/os.py", line 504, in _spawnvef
      wpid, sts = waitpid(pid, 0)
  OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes

More oddly another Zope installation from the same source ball with the
same arguments to `make` works just fine.  Debugging hasn't lead me
anywhere useful so far and while there must be differences between the
two systems without tearing them apart byte by byte I'm not seeing much
that might cause the problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

--
J C Lawrence