[Zope] fastcgi with zope

Sophia Grimm sophiagrimm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 08:54:02 EDT 2004

I'm trying to run zope behind apache using fastcgi,
but I'm having a problem setting up the directive
properly.

Zope 2.7 w/Plone 2, Apache 2, FastCGI 2.4.2, Macintosh
OS X Server

Apache error log shows
Connection refused: FastCGI: failed to connect to
server "/Library/WebServer/Documents/zope": connect()
failed
FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from
server "/Library/WebServer/Documents/zope"

Access log shows
"GET /zope HTTP/1.1" 302 299

My DocumentRoot in httpd.conf is /tmp but OS X Server
uses vhosting for all sites, and within the vhost, the
DocumentRoot is /Library/WebServer/Documents. Here's
how I have the config files set up.

In httpd.conf, right after the ServerName
configuration:
##
FastCgiExternalServer
/Library/WebServer/Documents/zope  \
			-host localhost:8889  \
			-pass-header Authorization

<Location /zope>
	SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>
##

As suggested in the fastcgi documentation, /zope is a
file that does not exist.

In zope.conf, I uncommented these lines:
##
<fast-cgi>
	address localhost:8889
</fast-cgi>