[Zope] xmlrpc and sessions

Lane Stevens lane at cycletime.com
Thu Aug 19 11:40:55 EDT 2004

It was my understanding that xmlrpc is stateless, and so I had supposed that
sessions being stateful would not be supported.  I had hoped that there was
a way to tie to sessions.  I assume that there would need to be a transport
mechanism of some sort to deal with sessions - but that is just a guess.

Related question:  Is there a best practice for dealing with state in the
use of web services through xmlrpc?

(Vague) Use case:
I have a Zope application that carries some information from previous
transactions in the session, and some methods that have depended upon that
information being present to produce valid results.

I am creating new methods or changing existing methods and prefer writing
tests in xmlrpc rather than as page hits - or as method calls against an
offline instance of Zope.  In the case where these methods depend upon
something that expects session data, I have resorted to page hits.

Thanks,
Lane.

--
Lane Stevens