[Zope] Re: MySQL thread connection question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 19 13:42:58 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote at 2004-8-19 09:07 +0200:
>> The current pool is not so stupid.
>> When it opens n connections than the server was hit by at least
>> n concurrent requests.
>
>Not true. Zope appears to randomly select ZODB connections to use from
>the available pool, default size 7...

Not true: Zope manages free connections in a stack and opens a new one
only when the stack is empty.

>> It is true, that not all of these
>> concurrent requests need to access the database.

>...but this may also be the case, I'm happy to accept clarification in
>the form of line numbers in source files that do this work ;-)

"ZODB.DB.DB.open" and "ZODB.DB.DB._closeConnection".

I cannot give you line numbers because my ZODB code is heavily
changed.

>Heh, why do you think it won't work correctly?

Because it is not easy to implement a reliable connection pool
(I explained this in a previous message) ;-)

--
Dieter