[Zope] Advice on upgrade?

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Sat Aug 21 11:45:49 EDT 2004

Thanks Chris-- don't want to indulge in any masochism just now (at
least any more than I have to)!

I did what you said, and my zope is now upgraded, along with Plone
from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

So here's what I did for the upgrade from 2.7 to 2.7.2.

Installed the new core to /var/zope272 sitting alongside the old core
which is in /var/zope27

Used the old /var/zope-instance (thank goodness!):

I had to edit the first few lines of zope.conf to point to the new
core. Also, as you suggested, I edited runzope and zopectl, again
pointing to the new zope core.

However on startup, the old zope was still being used.

Turns out I had an errant zopectl script sitting in /etc/rc.d/init.d
which pointed to the old zope core.

Removing that solved the problem.

I'm guessing others are stuggling with a upgrade a bit too. Any
suggestions on how to add this procedure to the online Zope Book 2.7
edition?  I would be happy to write it up.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com