[Zope] Zope2.7.2 with ActivePython2.3.2

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 22:19:34 EDT 2004

I think this illustrates the same scenario that some of us use to face from
time to time.
Everytime a Zope 2.X.0 version is out we force ourselves to install it and
have it running locally for trying its new features, to test its
compatibility with old apps, and eventually to run a copy of our production
stuff - in search of possible bugs -, but definitely not to air it.
A brand new Zope 2.X.X is different. We supose that chances to bugs are
fewer than in a 2.X.0 release and so some of us tend to believe its time to
try it on air, although we knew we'll expect random bugs. Hence I see no
problem in matching a specific release of Zope with a Python one, but,
according to my point, the fact of to find a bug in a 2.X.X version that
wasn't in its corresponding 2.X.0 one (not even in any previous release) may
become misleading in the long term, IMHO.

I do have a bug report that I will post as soon as I get to the office
(that's not the important stuff in this comment) but in any case, as I'm
definitely not complaining of the formidable job of Zope developers, my call
is to keep Zope's releasing on a slower pace. Maybe we simply should avoid
to call the latest release the stable one.

Ausum