[Zope] Re: cookie crumbler - preserving variables in URL

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Sun Aug 29 06:36:35 EDT 2004

On Setting Orange, Bureaucracy 16, 3170 YOLD, Dieter Maurer wrote:

>>I have similar problem with traverse_subpath; I have ZPT, say
>>http://server/Template, which I call as
>>http://server/Template/Something and I read traverse_subpath in the
>>template to render wanted output; when Unauthorized is raised,
>>CookieCrumbler redirects to http://server/Template.
>
> CookieCrumber's behaviour is controlled by the "came_from"
> variable that you can adjust to your needs in your "login_form".

In login_form I receive came_from from CookieCrumbler's Python code
and it's set wrong.  As far as I know I have no other means of getting
URL of page that user was trying to view.

Anyway, kludge with Python script raising Unauthorized (after allowing
to import Unauthorized by scripts) seems to work well.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { Any road followed to its end leads precisely nowhere.  Climb