[Zope] proxy tool for Zope/Plone

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Aug 31 13:28:04 EDT 2004

I need to integrate a few external .asp based web tools into a plone site.

Instead of recoding them and converting them to Zope products, I want to
do it by "importing" them into Page templates.

What I need is basically to browse another webpage through a Plone Page
template, so that I can keep the look and feel of the Plone site. Just
as if I jused frames or iframes.

I have made something similar in the past, but not as complete.

I can see this as a usefull tool in many situations. So I wondered if
anybody has done something similar allready, and have any experiences
they want to share.

I especially wondered if there would be an advantage to using
Squid/Apache as a middle layer, so that I wouldn't have to do the url
rewriting myself :-s

Any knowledge of documentation/pitfalls would also be appreciated.

regards Max M