[Zope] Help! Can't restart Zope! (escalated from: Python switcheroo)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 7 14:33:53 EST 2004

Ken Ara wrote at 2004-12-6 12:49 -0800:
>In the end, I reinstalled Zope, thanks Robert.
>
>But I still have one small problem. While running
>Python 2.4, a single corrupted object was created. It
>is an instance of Folder, and appears out of
>alphabetical order in a Btree folder. I can't edit or
>delete it, and Zope won't pack.

You get what exceptions/tracebacks?

You know, we *ALWAYS* need this information!

An out of order item in a BTree indicates that
its keys are not persistently ordered. This corrupts the tree
and part of its content can no longer be accessed via subscription.

You can fix this with the following steps ("tree" is assumed to be
the "BTree" instance):

  *  items = list(tree.items())

  *  # remove the faulty item[s] from "items"

  *  tree.clear() # clear the tree

  *  tree.update(items) # recreate

  *  get_transaction().commit() # commit the transaction

>In the past, I've tried fsrecover.py without results,

Sure, it fixes physical damage to the storage file
and not BTrees inconsistencies.

--
Dieter