[Zope] Object Reference

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Dec 7 16:57:19 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:45:41PM -0800, James Savage wrote:
> Is there a way to retrieve the Zope object associated
> with a particular id? ZCatalog has a function called
> getObject but that will not work for me.

Typically, Zope objects do not have unique IDs.

In practice you can use ZopeFind() which returns a list
of (object, physical path) pairs or maybe it's (path, object),
you will have to look it up.

There is a unique ZODB id, _p_oid for each object,
but this is not exposed at the application level.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com