[Zope] Zope & Apache

Kris Smith z13z at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 7 19:43:13 EST 2004

Hello,

I have tried to follow configuration of Apache using the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives with no luck.   I want to provide access to the locally running Zope server from Apache, in addition to various other static pages.  I've added the entries according to the wonderful HOWTO:

http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver/

but it still does not work.  My entries look like this:

    ProxyPass /zope http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassReverse /zope http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPass /misc_ http://localhost:8080/misc_
    ProxyPass /p_ http://localhost:8080/p_

This is defined in the server config file (gentoo: /etc/apache2/conf/apache.conf) outside of any VirtualHost context.  I am able to access the top level Zope page, but all other pages after that contains references to the local host (http://localhost:8080/...).  I added a SiteRoot object:

    Title:  (ignored)
    Base: http://xyz.domain.org/zope

as required, but no go.

Did I miss an important configuration step.

Also, I am using the default gentoo ebuild for both Apache and Zope (Zope-Config); no changes to the base configuration files.  Zope & Apache appear to work OK by themselves.

Thanks,

--kris