[Zope] Zope, Squid and Apache

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Wed Dec 8 14:27:15 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:59:41PM -0500, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:53:17AM -0500, Shane Graber wrote:
> >
> >>I've always wondered this, but why is Squid talked about so much for
> >>caching when Apache can also cache with mod_cache?
> >

> > It may well be that Squid is talked about so much, but I'm a bit sceptical
> > about how many people have it set up.
> Lots and lots.
>  >I certainly can't get it working and
> > will be looking at Apache as an alternative. Is there a write-up on it
> > anywhere?
> What is the problem you're having?  I would expect someone might have
> problems understanding the redirector possibly; otherwise squid isn't
> hard to setup.  It runs like a champ.

I've had squid running for years as a proxy server, but getting it set up
as an httpd accelerator is proving tricky...

I've changed Zope to use port 8081 and have Squid listening on 8080 with
httpd_accel_port set to 8081. This is on host 192.168.0.1.

Normally I would access MyZopesite using http://192.168.0.1:8080/MyZopesite
but with Squid in place I get a Squid error 'while trying to retreive the

I guess there's something missing from the setup but not sure what...

--
John