[Zope] DTML vs ZTP

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 13 04:21:11 EST 2004

Dne úterý, 7. prosince 2004 15:59 Andy Yates napsal(a):
> So far I've never run in to anything I did in DTML that I could not do
> in ZPT.  If I were you I'd learn just enough DTML to use ZSQL methods
> and concentrate on ZPT.  For me the biggest advantage of ZPT is keeping
> the programming logic out of the html.

hmmm... As an example of keeping separation design from page logic could be
Plone? Do you try to redesign plone to your own absolutelly different
non-plonish design? Ha! It is very hard work, better to write whole templates
from the scratch. So separation of logic from content is only theoretical
premise for academic discussions (like memory effect at NiCd/NiMh accu)
isolated from real complex pages.

Finally, DTML is about 4-times faster than ZPT, code is much more clean to
review and you quickly see what code are doing.

--

                        Jaroslav Lukesh