[Zope] Getting title attribute given objectid

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 14 20:47:27 EST 2004

On 14.Dec 2004 - 16:53:52, Cliff Fogle wrote:
> </select>
> <select name="querytype">
> ids" tal:omit-tag="">
> <option tal:attributes="value id" tal:content="id">Item from sql
> method</option>
> </select>

1. You don't have to define the "ids" variable, you could use
root/Database/querytype/objectIds in repeat.

2. If you need the actual objects rather than just the id's use
objectValues.

so you should do something like:

tal:omit-tag="">
  <option tal:attributes="value obj/id"
  tal:content="obj/title"></option>

> I'm going to go get a good book on Zope and read it tonight.  But if
> that doesn't help can anyone here help me out?  Thanks

The Zope-Book is very good for introduction.

Andreas

--
Just to have it is enough.