[Zope] zeo.conf socket

Douglas Wade Needham cinnion at ka8zrt.com
Wed Dec 15 13:35:53 EST 2004

Quoting Michele Marcionelli (michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch):
> 2. Since I am planing to run two zope clients on the same (dual
> processor) machine, I think that it is better to use socket (faster)
> instead of tcp/ip. Is that correct?

Question...(depending on the OS) instead of running two separate
clients on the same machine, could one not just run more threads, and
either allow the OS to schedule them on the other processor, or bind
the LWP to the other processor as needed??  By using LWPs, you have
the benefits of a single address space, which can reduce/remove the
need for IPC (though you do have a form with thread communication/sync
calls), and you don't have to go through the hassles of setting up
zeo.

- Doug

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com