[Zope] Python seems to render html, can this be turned off or escaped?

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Dec 16 11:18:33 EST 2004

From: "Guidry, Wayne" <wguidry at anteon.com>
> I am trying to pass a string into a dtml document (from python) that
> contains html code, however I don't want python to render it, just pass
> it.
>
> As an example...
>
> mystring = "<html><body<h1> test1 </h1></body></html>"
> return mystring
>
> 'mystring' needs to be returned to my DTML document as a string, not as
> rendered html (which it seems to do automatically). Is this possible to
> do?

I don't think python is converting the string to html.  What are you doing
with the string once it is in the dtml method (ie. how did you invoke the
python script?)

Something like:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('avar', myScript() )">

or

<dtml-let avar="myScript()">

should put the data from 'mystring' as text into the dtml variable 'avar'

if you do: <dtml-var myscript> then dtml will render the contents of
mystring to html

If you are still having problems, post another message with the dtml &
python code.

HTH

Jonathan