[Zope] debugging and browsers

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon Dec 20 02:26:44 EST 2004

I need to open two instances of a browser, one as one window as a user in
the system with one login and set of session variables, and the other as
another user (usually a manager) to manipulate the system through the ZMI.
Likewise, sometime is is useful to open two instances of the system so
that you can look in one place with one window, and in another place in
the other.

Most current browsers believe they are the only show in town run multiple
instances as separate threads (or so it appear) happily sharing data.
This causes problems when, as we do, naviagation information is saved in
session variables.   The precise behavior depends upon the browser.

I guess I am looking for a way to enable the desired behavior by hacking
Zope since it's unlikely that I can change the way browsers with an
installed base behave.  Anyone else encountered this issue or solved the
problem.