[Zope] Help

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 21 11:30:58 EST 2004

Todd,

It looks to me that your python does not have the socket library module,
which is a C extension.  It's easy enough to check--start python (be sure
it is the one used to run zope) and try to

import socket

and see if it generates an error.

If that's the case, you may want to install a new python.  I'd recommend
that you use 2.1.3 which fixes a few bugs in 2.1.1 that are significant
for Zope.  Personally, I build pythons from source.  When you do the
./configure step check the configuration carefully.