[Zope] Emergency user and acl-users

David Hassalevris bluepaul at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 22 19:04:35 EST 2004

Mark Barratt wrote:

> Can anyone point me to how to replace the acl_users in a Zope root?
> The emergency user doesn't appear to be allowed to add it and I can't
> find any documentation.
>
> I want to replace the default with something with a bit more
> flexibility, like SimpleUserFolder or GRUF.
>
> Thanks

I do not like the idea of replacing acl_users in  Zope root.  Especially
if you are attaching User Information to something like an external DB
(if the DB server goes down you are locked out of Zope!).
Also, if you use SUF - first test it out in a new subfolder.  When you
are confident then drop it in a production (sub) folder.

Just my 2 cents.

David