[Zope] Moving files

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Feb 3 19:09:17 EST 2004

Elizabeth wrote:

>I have googled for nearly an hour for a solution to this problem, even
>though it should be quite simple.
>
>I have a manager user, I wish to overwrite dtml documents in my
>directory instead of having it create copy_of_file.html is there a way
>to do this? I am moving files from a development site to a live site.

FTP and moving the whole container are probably your easiest solutions. But:

One could, I suppose, try to provide an '_get_id(id)' Python script that
did not do the "copy_of_" magic and just returned the id it was given.
Dunno if that would work. It might.

Another solution is to write a script that deletes the other object
first. You could also try to do a '_setObject' directly.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)