[Zope] URLs expose information which we'd like to hide

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Wed Feb 4 12:36:21 EST 2004

What about using the session machinery?

-jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Allison [mailto:allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:10 AM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] URLs expose information which we'd like to hide

The parameters passed by GET and, to a lesser extent, the URLs
themselves,
represent a security issue in one of our systems.

One solution, which we tied and have had to back-off from, is to
configure
the browser window to simply not display the URL and Status lines.  The
problem there is that the pop-up blockers (now becoming common)
interfere.

Another, no longer available )-: , would be to exploit the URL hack that
MS has just release an IE patch to fix.

A partial solution would be to make POST not GET the standard for
parameter transmital.  Has anyone tried this?  I suspect there are all
sorts of hidden gotchas.

Suggestions?

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -