[Zope] newbie to Zope/Python

Frank Rocco farocco at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:43:52 EST 2004

Hello,

I am new to Zope and Python, can have converted several ASP apps to Zope using dtml.
Is there a tutorial on programming zope using python?
I havn't a clue on how to extend my knowledge of zope to include calling python functions I write or are built in.

In general it's been a fun way to learn zope, but I also need to understand how to configure zope to use SSL.

Right now we are using IIS, but am open to use Apache also if needed.

Are main internet site is http://www.stemc.org which is a mix of html and php talking to mysql.

the main page loads from a database, which I allow users to maintain their own content.

Not sure if I will rewrite this site in zope as this would be a large project.

Regards,

Frank