[Zope] Apache Rewrite Rules

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sat Feb 7 10:54:42 EST 2004

On Feb 6, 2004, at 8:03 PM, Tim Zegir wrote:

> I have the following rewrite rule in my httpd.conf file.
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>    ServerName dev.mydomain.com.au
>    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/dev.mydomain.com.au:80/
> mydomain/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [NC,L,P]
> </VirtualHost *>
>
> I am running Mandrake 9.2 with Apache 2 and zope 2.7rc2
>
> When I go to dev.mydomain.com.au i get the standard apache frontpage
> not
> the redirected zope page.
> If i go to dev.mydomain.com.au:8080/mydomain i get the page i want.

	My setup has a few additional lines:

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerName leafe.com
	<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
		RewriteEngine on
		RewriteLog "/usr/local/apache2/logs/vhost-rewrite_log"
		RewriteLogLevel 0

		RewriteRule ^/(.*) blah blah blah
	</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

	You probably need to tell Apache to turn Rewriting on for it to do its
thing.

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /
  ____/
  Ed Leafe

Linux Love:
unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;more;yes;umount;sleep