[Zope] Locked Out

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Tue Feb 10 00:00:47 EST 2004

Wade Pearce wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Having done a stupid thing and experimenting with user authentication,
> I have managed to lock myself out of the folder controlled by a
> PostgreSQL User Folder.
>
> I can access the top level (because it uses standard Zope
> authentication) but everytime I try to access the sub-folder with the
> above acl_users, it tells me it is forbidden.
>
> Is there a way for myself to bypass the lower-level security so as I
> can remove this acl_users folder and reinstate it.
>
> I've tried the Undo option to no avail.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Wade Pearce

there is an emergency user you can create using zpasswd.py which you
find in zopes main directory.
Just start it with the python you use for zope. It will ask you the
neccessary questions.
There is an emergency user and a "mere" admin. One is created in the
file access the other in the file inituser.
I never know which is which. There is some explanation in doc/SECURITY.txt

However I think you can not access the folder where the acl_users is
situated because the product which defines your acl_users is broken.
Then no emergency user can help.
Best thing is make your product "fine" again.
Second best write a script liwth a line as follows:

context.TheFolderIcanNotAccess.manage_delObjects(ids=[acl_users"])

HTH
Robert