[Zope] Apache, Zope & Mailman

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Feb 10 08:28:38 EST 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 6:24 AM, John Poltorak wrote:

> After finally getting my rewrite rules set up within Apache to access
> Zope, I now find the GUI for an associated Mailman mailing list also
> gets
> redirected.
>
> How do I prevent Mailman requests from being rewritten to access Zope?

	Just add a RewriteCond line for every directory that you don't want
redirected to Zope. I do this for my Mailman lists, and also have a
directory with many of the images I need on the site. I exclude both of
these from the rewrite. Here's an excerpt from my httpd.conf file:

		# Let Apache handle requests for non-Zope content
		RewriteCond $1 !^mailman/.*
		RewriteCond $1 !^icons/.*
		RewriteCond $1 !^images/.*
		RewriteCond $1 !^manual/.*
		RewriteCond $1 !^stats/.*
		# 2003.2.3 - Added these security checks
		RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/VirtualHostBase/
		RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/VirtualHostRoot/
		RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/_vh_
		# OK, here's the rule!!
		RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/leafe.com:80/$1 [L,P]

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /
  ____/
  Ed Leafe

Linux Love:
unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;more;yes;umount;sleep