[Zope] Does Zope 2.7 support MySQL?

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Thu Feb 12 09:43:14 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:49:39 -0500
"Frank Rocco" <farocco at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I think I was using the wrong version for 2.7
>
> also, should we be using 2.7 and moving away form 2.6.4?

There's no right answer to this question. I would suggest that if you
are early enough in your development and can benefit from the features
of Zope 2.7, switch to it. Traditionally we only maintain two major
versions of Zope (currently 2.6 and 2.7), so when 2.8 lands that
probably means the end-of-life for 2.6.

If you are deployed on 2.6 or quite nearly there, then stick with it
unless a feature of 2.7 is compelling enough to warrant it. 2.7 is
already in use in Production and has been for some time, however 2.6 has
been in production much longer and by many more people and more people
are familiar with it.

Another issue is Python versions. Both 2.6.4 and 2.7 can run under
Python 2.3.3. Only Zope 2.6.4 can run under Python 2.1, so if you have a
component that cannot yet run on the latest Python, that could make 2.6
more attractive.

hth,

-Casey