[Zope] running 2.7 w/out daemon manager

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Thu Feb 12 17:06:23 EST 2004

> I'm looking for a fairly uncomplicated way to run zope 2.7 without the
> daemon manager process (as i want to run it under daemontools). This was
> simple with zope 2.6 but it seems i might need to chuck zope.conf and
> get my hands dirty to do the same with 2.7.
>
> any suggestions?

I haven't tried it out yet myself, but you can call runzope directly,
which might be enough to make supervise happy.  You shouldn't have to
throw out zope.conf to make it work, though it won't be clean like a
typical djb program.  There's still the issue of zope's
horrendously overcomplicated logging stuff, but if you just want to
get zope supervised I think runzope is what you want to call.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle