[Zope] running 2.7 w/out daemon manager

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Thu Feb 12 17:39:23 EST 2004

Jamie Heilman <jamie at audible.transient.net> on 2/12/04 wrote:

>I haven't tried it out yet myself, but you can call runzope directly,
>which might be enough to make supervise happy.  You shouldn't have to
>throw out zope.conf to make it work, though it won't be clean like a
>typical djb program.  There's still the issue of zope's
>horrendously overcomplicated logging stuff, but if you just want to
>get zope supervised I think runzope is what you want to call.

ah - good idea. yes seems to work fine so far.

I got error/event logging to work with multilog in zope 2.6 by adding
this to the start script:

STUPID_LOG_FILE= "$@"
export STUPID_LOG_FILE
EVENT_LOG_FILE= "$@"
export EVENT_LOG_FILE

not sure how best to do it with zope 2.7 but will be working on it.
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669