[Zope] Re: Ape with Zope2.7

Joseph Kocherhans jkocherhans at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 12:06:55 EST 2004

> Could one supply information on how to install APE CVS with Zope2.7
> and how to setup Databases for APE in zope.conf ?

I'd stick with 2.6.x until Shane does another Ape release. The cvs head
is now at 0.8 and last time I tried (a few days ago) the tests ran fine,
but zope wouldn't start. I don't think it's in a useable state quite
yet. Ape 0.7.1 doesn't work with python 2.3.x

If you want to go ahead and try it anyway get a cvs checkout from Feb 1.
Add  <import package="Products.Ape"/> to
$SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml and put

<ape-db fs>
   <ape-storage>
     mapper-variation filesystem
     <ape-fs-connection fs>
       basepath $INSTANCE/var/myfs
     </ape-fs-connection>
   </ape-storage>
   mount-point /fs
   scan-interval 10
</ape-db>

in your zope.conf

Change the fs in the <ape-db fs> to change the id of the database. Leave
the <ape-fs-connection fs> part alone though. I think that's everything
I had to do to get it working. Let me know if you run into problems
though as all that is just from memory ;)

hth,
joseph