[Zope] setPermissionDefault

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Feb 18 10:14:16 EST 2004

Using ClassSecurityInfo's

security.setPermissionDefault(...)

acts like a no-op AFAICT, when I tried it in my project
code, following the instructions which can be found here:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/DeclarativeSecurity/ZopeSecurityForDevelopers

(for example, it's also in the 2.4 ZDG).

My code looks like this, for the record:

    security.setPermissionDefault('View Narya',		('Anonymous', 'Manager'))
    security.setPermissionDefault('Use Narya',		('Manager',))
    security.setPermissionDefault('Moderate Narya',	('Manager',))

Searching the archives, I find a couple of complaints about
this not working, but no responses.  Collector bug #275 is
mentioned, but there doesn't seem to be such a bug any
more.

I'm still using Zope 2.5.1, though.

SO.  Did this ever get fixed?  And if so, when?  Or was
there a documentation error of some kind?  Do I really
have to use the kludge mentioned at

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/zope-List/799586

to work around this?

TiA,