[Zope] Command line access to Zope data

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Feb 20 18:03:52 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:46:13PM -0600, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
>
> >I am assumming that all data on a Zope hosted website resides in Data.fs
> >even if you are running a Plone site.
> >
> >If so, how do you update something like Plone news items from the command
> >line?
> >
> You can use a ZEO debug session to connect a Python console to a live
> Zope server. I do this all the time, and it's great.
>
> You could presumably also go about this with FTP.

or webdav.  I haven't tried either with plone lately.

> You can also make your own tools to interact with Zope via
> XML-RPC or in a RESTful manner (wget can be a REST tool).

Yes, this is covered in the Advanced Scripting chapter of
the zope book, way down at the bottom:

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx

Look for the "Remote Scripting and Network Services"
section.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com