[Zope] context.MailHost

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Feb 23 14:44:12 EST 2004

Simon Forster wrote at 2004-2-23 16:01 +0000:
>I'm struggling with MailHost (Acquisition?).
>
>I've got a form which, through a PythonScript, sends me an email. This
>works fine. (context.MailHost.simple_send(...), is the call to send the
>email FWIW).
>
>When I move the MailHost up one directory, the self same script fails
>with something akin to:
>
>"Cannot locate object at: http://127.0.0.1:8080/xxx/yyy"

This does not look like a MailHost problem...

Did you look at the traceback? You should!

>I thought that, by Acquisition, Zope would look in the current folder,
>then the parent, then the parent's parent etc until it found the
>required object (or not).

Acquisition works like this, indeed.

However, "MailHost" access is protected.
An a user can access a protected object only in the subhierarchy
governed by the "acl_users" that defined this user.

Sometimes people maskerade "Unauthorized" as "Not found" (a very
stupid thing, in my view).

--
Dieter