[Zope] External modules and import

Joe Goldthwaite joe at goldthwaites.com
Mon Feb 23 16:58:24 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I guess I'm back to asking simple questions.  I've got an application
running (finally) but it all resides in one big module called Externals.py
that resides in c:\program files\website\Externals.  I've gotten to the
point where I need to separate the function into various modules but since
I'm still a newbie, I've been having trouble doing it.

I tried moving one simple class to a separate module called BarsDB.  I then
added a line "import BarsDB" to the top of the Externals.py module.  I'm
using Visual Python as my editor/debugger.  Everything works fine from there
but when I try to reload my external method (Externals.py), I get this error
message;

ImportError: No module named BarsDB

Where do you define the Pythonpath for Zope? I know there's some funky stuff
about the way Zope handles external modules.  I don't really understand it
and I think that's why I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

Can anyone shed some light?