[Zope] Re: Zsyncer problem

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Feb 26 13:34:28 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:22:22AM -0800, Dennis Allison wrote:

> I've had a couple of instances where ZSyncer cannot find the target
> host(s).   Restarting the Zopes seems to clear the problem.  Any idea
> why that problem might occur?

Usually it means that the target zope really is not responding,
either because zope is dead or spinning, or because there's
some other network problem... e.g. a firewall has been reconfigured
and is now blocking the connection from source to target,
or DNS is broken, etc.

Whenever this comes up for me, my first check is always to
ssh to the box that's running the "source" zope and see if I can
connect to the target with a command-line web client, e.g. links,
lynx, or wget.

Invariably the answer is "no".

--

Paul Winkler