[Zope] Internet Explore could not see the image

Terry terry at taipeitimes.com
Thu Feb 26 22:04:20 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm so sure it's a Zope question or not, if I'm wrong, sorry for wrong post.
I had looked up the answer for a long time,but still have no answer for
this strange thing.

We use Apache and Zope combination on Linux as web server(behide in
DMZ), we store most images on file system, then
use rewrite rule to rewrite the request to local file system for images,
others go to Zope.

But the Internet Explorer could not successfully view the image, while
the other browsers(Mozilla) are working fine.

the access.log said "GET /images/2004/02/26/thumbs/20040225204655.jpeg
HTTP/1.1" 304, mean the image had cached.

http.conf

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /var/log/rewrite.log
RewriteRule ^/images/(.*) /home/httpd/images/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://www.taipeitimes.com:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/www.taipeitimes.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P,R]

If you want to try,browser by Internet Explorer on
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/photo/2004/02/26
or different date http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/photo/YYYY/MM/dd

Thanks for your time, and passion :o)

Terry