[Zope] Detecting a NULL Value

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Fri Feb 27 08:55:58 EST 2004

I have a field in my MySQL database which is allowed to be null and has a
value of NULL as default. I am retrieving this field and numerous others
using a call to dtml-in. After the retrieval, I would like to determine
what this value is inside my DTML document/method. What is the equivalent
of NULL in Zope? Is it a value of 'None'?

I am using the following code but it doesn't work.

<dtml-if expr="undergraduate_projects_directed == 'None'">
   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('undergraduateProjectsDirected', 'Hello')">
</dtml-if>

- Asad