[Zope] Re: Archetypes

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Feb 28 09:50:11 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 10:48:07AM +0100, Anton Stonor wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > How do I install Archetypes?
> >
> > I don't see any installation instructions included.
>
> Read the readme.txt

I just read the readme.txt for Archetypes v1.2.4 which is buried away
under a directory in the archive rather than in its root. There I found I
needed to have Plone v2.0. It does not seem right to find this out only
after downloading the file.

After grabbing v1.0.1 of Archetypes and looking at its readme.txt, there
is no mention about where it should be installed. It's almost as if you
shouldn't be using this app if you need to ask such a question...

Do I take it that the archive should be extracted to

zope/lib/python/Products ?

--
John