[Zope] Zope restart fails

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sun Feb 29 12:37:19 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

>Zope has failed to restart after I attempted to upgrade CMF and Plone.
>
>How do I tell what has gone wrong?
>
>In zope.debug.log there is a msg:-
>
>ImportError: No module named 105
>
>I guess that may have something to do with Plone 1.0.5 which no longer
>exists...

Under Linux start Zope with with Debug set to on. This is done by adding
-D to the set of  parameters when Zope is started.
Under Windows use the start.bat in Zopes home directory in a dos shell.
Zope will then not detach itself from the Terminal from which it was
started and you can see what error messages are issued.

You probably do not have all products installed that need to be installed.

Robert