[Zope] Adding instances of objects using manage_addProduct()

post at volker-hemmelrath.de post at volker-hemmelrath.de
Sun Feb 29 16:15:55 EST 2004

Hi,
I am quite new to ZOPE.

I am trying to dynamically add new objects into Zope from an External
Method. (zope 2.6.3)

Adding folders using for example:
	self.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFolder('vhe2','kltest2')
That works fine.

But now I want to add dynamically a Product called 'ExtFile/ExtImage'
(perhaps you know it).
I downloaded and installed it. It works find within ZMI.
I tried the following in the external method:
	self.manage_addProduct['ExtFile'].manage_addExtImage('xxx', 'XXXX', 'test
xxx', '/home/volkerh/zope/IMGP0377.JPG', '', 'image/jpeg',0,'','', 0,0,None)

That does not work. Obviously it does not find the product and the
manage_addExtImage-method.
Bevor I try to go on with it. Is the second example ok at all or what
mistake.
Does it has to be self.manage_addProduct['ExtFile'] or something else.
Does anybody can show me a working template ?

Thanks for any hint.
Volker