[Zope] One letter search in ZCatalog

Elizabeth Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
Fri Jan 2 09:50:10 EST 2004

I apoligize in advance if this is a simple problem that has been
addressed previously, I have looked through the archives with no luck.

I put together a ZCatalog Search (PrincipiaSearchSource), I thought it
was working fine, then I noticed that if I do a search for a single
character (standard alphanumeric) it returns:

Error Type: IndexError
Error Value: list index out of range

This will not do. I need a simple solution to make this error not occur,
either make the Search search for these single characters, or give the
user a message saying their search must include more characters. It's
quite a hassle to get more things installed on this Zope server, so if
there is a solution with just the basic Zope 2.6 install that would be
preferable.

Thanks.

--
Elizabeth K. // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com