[Zope] Serving Zope and non-Zope Content

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:02:38 EST 2004

Quoting Bill Etheredge <betheredge at mesa-grp.com>:
> I have a replacement site developed in Zope (www.foo.com).  A portion of
> the site being replaced will need to continue to be used
> (www.foo.com/bar) - on a different, non-local server running behind
> Apache.  The HTML pages and content of this site contain numerous
> literal URL references to internal pages / content (e.g.
> www.foo.com/bar/candy).
>
> Based on what I have found thus far, it sounds like the best approach
> would be to use Apache ProxyPass to send every URL beginning with /bar
> to the remote server and everything else to Zope.

I am doing something similar and just wanted to check with the list
about a couple of other cases. I see how full references to
http://www.foo.com/bar/candy would continue to work with that set
up. But what if the html pages had links to "../bar/candy" or
"/bar/candy" or simply "candy"? would those all continue to work
correctly? or would they resolve directly to the non-local server?

And Apache question I realize, but is there a way to write the proxy
statements so that everything EXCEPT /mydir gets proxied to Zope and
/mydir content gets served directly from Apache? For example, serving
your images directory from the file system via Apache and everything
else from Zope.

Thanks,

--
Cynthia Kiser