[Zope] Squid redirector script

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Tue Jan 6 10:55:25 EST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 10:47, Ken wrote:

>> you answered the question already: squirm or pyredir
>
> Alright, I am sorry to be such a pest but as I said, I need help. The
> otherwise very good howtos devoted to Zope and Squid are not clear
> about setting up this redirector.
>
> Can anyone advise me how to do this? (I need to rewrite requests for
> http://mysite.com to http://123.45.678.9:81/somedir).

/etc/hosts on the Squid machine:

mysite.com		123.45.678.9

VirtualHostMonster in your zope root, "Mappings" tab:

mysite.com		/somedir

In squid.conf (this is so that requests go to your port 81):

httpd_accel_host		virtual
httpd_accel_port		81

You *will* probably have to dig into Squid docs to gain more knowledge
about using Squid as an accelerator so that you set correct access
restrictions etc.

jens