[Zope] Problems with ZCatalog method

Jason Randell randell at library.ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:58:25 EST 2004

I am a relatively new zope user so you'll have to excuse me.

I am trying to write a python script that will automatically recatalog my
Zcatalog.  Unfortunately I keep getting an error that I can't get
past.  Here is a code snippet with some minor changes to protect the innocent:

request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE

url1 = 'http://localhost:4444/myCatalog'
url2 = 'http://localhost:4444/'
obj_metatypes=['Page Template']
obj_expr='not noindex'
obj_ids='None'
obj_searchterm='None'
obj_mtime='None'
obj_mspec='None'
obj_roles='None'
obj_permission='None'

monkey=[obj_metatypes, obj_ids, obj_searchterm, obj_expr, obj_mtime,
obj_mspec, obj_roles, obj_permission]
container.GALEN_Catalog.manage_catalogClear()
container.GALEN_Catalog.manage_catalogFoundItems(request, RESPONSE, url2,
url1, monkey)

# I have also just tried obj_metatypes=['Page Template'], obj_expr='not
noindex' instead of the monkey list

I get an indexError: List index out of range.  Here is the traceback:
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
   Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 315, in _exec
   Module Script (Python), line 22, in cron_test.py
    - <PythonScript at /cron_test.py>
    - Line 22
   Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 306, in manage_catalogFoundItems
IndexError: list index out of range

line 306 in ZCatalog is:
obj = REQUEST.PARENTS[1]

This is where I get stuck.  Here is more software/platform info:
Zope Version
(Zope 2.6.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, sunos5)
Python Version
2.1.3 (#1, Jul 12 2002, 11:06:12) [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)]
System Platform
sunos5

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,