[Zope] sort in python script dynamically?

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 9 02:46:40 EST 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Python: somelist.sort(cmpmethod)
> Zope: sequence.sort()
>
> Both methods are well documented.

Hi Andreas,

I am not big pythonist, just little beginner and I was think that object
  language was able to do

	for i in self.objectItems('Folder').sort()

But it does not. So I was try

ids = self.objectIds('Folder')
ids = ids.sort()
for i in ids :

TypeError: object of type 'string' is not callable

But I was get following tip:

a=context.objectItems()
a.sort(lambda x,y: cmp(x[0],y[0]))
for i in a:

And that works fine. But I absolutelly does not understand to that. And
my ideas about object programming was get one big hole.

Thanks to all which helps me.

Best Regards,

JL.