[Zope] MSIE 6 not opening MIME attachments

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Fri Jan 9 11:01:32 EST 2004

I'm trying to send a CSV via a python script. My problem is in IE 6, if
the user clicks on "Open" instead of save from the dialog that appears,
Excel will launch, but not find the file in the Temporary Internet Files
folder. Clicking on "Save" then opening the file manually works just
fine.

Is this a problem with my response headers or an IE bug?

Here are the headers I'm sending:

response.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/csv')
response.setHeader('Content-Length', len(printed))
response.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename=%s' %
filename)

return printed