[Zope] LDAP - Zope - ACLUsers &- Manage Local Roles

Julian Clark Julian.Clarke at b-online.com.au
Sun Jan 11 23:10:58 EST 2004

Hi List.

I've recently recreated a zope installation that someone else built, in
the process
updating to zope 2.6 from 2.3.3

I'm not having much joy with LDAP + local roles upon the manage local
role interface.

I've discovered in the dtml source for listLocalRoles there is a
try/except for overflow, which is being caught and therefore not
bringing the list of users up.
Does this mean that my ldap server is returning too many results?
It works properly on zope 2-3-3 without a try/except statement. Is there
something else I can do to stop the overflow error? I feel that with
this out of the way, everything else will work properly (I hope)

When I manually enter a user name and assign a local role, then attempt
to test it, the LDAP log shows a successful authentication, however, I'm
still getting unauthorized errors. :(

this is an extract from the LDAP log..

(9) Mon 11:51: Checking julcla
(9) Mon 11:51: julcla not found in user cache
(9) Mon 11:51: Opened connection to ldap server
(9) Mon 11:51: Closed connection to ldap server
(9) Mon 11:51: julcla connect returned cn=Julian Clarke
(julcla),ou=people,dc=b-online,dc=com,dc=au,o=internet
(5) Mon 11:51: julcla user authenticated
(9) Mon 11:51: Checking julcla
(9) Mon 11:51: julcla found in user cache
(7) Mon 11:51: julcla authenticated from cache
(9) Mon 12:02: Checking julcla
(9) Mon 12:02: julcla found in user cache
(7) Mon 12:02: julcla authenticated from cache

Which gives me the impression that I should be able to login from here.

However, I am continuously prompted for username & password, which
always fails, when I cancel, I get these  errors...

Time      2004/01/12 12:01:58.342 GMT+0800
User Name (User Id)     Anonymous User (None)
Request URL     http://testserver/knowledge_backup/index_html
Exception Type     Unauthorized
Exception Value     <strong>You are not authorized to access this
resource.</strong>

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 436, in traverse
    * Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 667, in unauthorized

Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this
resource.</strong>

Time      2004/01/12 12:02:03.049 GMT+0800
User Name (User Id)     julcla (julcla)
Request URL     http://testserver/knowledge_backup/index_html
Exception Type     Unauthorized
Exception Value     You are not allowed to access -1 in this context

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 126, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
    * Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
    * Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    * Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
      __traceback_info__: PARENTS
    * Module <string>, line 2, in f
    * Module AccessControl.DTML, line 32, in guarded_getitem
    * Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 94, in guarded_getitem

Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access -1 in this context

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Julian Clark