[Zope] Zope 2.6.3 problem, Resend.

Braun Brelin bbrelin at openapp.biz
Tue Jan 13 05:15:20 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm resending this because I didn't get a response and I'm not sure that the
e-mail went through since I didn't see it posted on any of the lists.

I'm having a serious problem.  I'm running Zope 2.6.3, Plone 2.0RC3 and CMF1.4.2
The problem is that I can no longer go into the manage_edit form of the
portal_types tool and add actions to any of the plone portal types.
The error I get is listed below.

I've noticed that in the release notes for 2.6.3 it says:

>- Use of min, max, enumerate, iter, and sum in untrusted code
>
>    Issue Description
>
>    A number of newer built-ins were either unavailable in untrusted
>    code or did not perform adequate security checking.
>
>    Who Is Affected?
>
>    Sites that allow untrusted users to write Python Scripts, Page
>    Templates, and DTML.
>
>    Resolution
>
>    This issue is resolved in Zope 2.6.3 and Zope 2.7.0 beta 4 and
>    higher. Affected sites are strongly encouraged to update their
>    Zope installations to prevent this issue.

this problem is driving me nuts.  Has anyone seen this and/or have a fix?

Thanks

Site Error

AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 44, in
new_publish
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 348, in manage_propertiesForm
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 261, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 292, in _bindAndExec
    * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
      __traceback_info__: select_variable
    * Module <string>, line 0, in ?

AttributeError: min (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message.)