[Zope] ZPT: nesting ul inside p

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Jan 14 00:26:13 EST 2004

Lee Harr wrote:

> I understand (somewhat) why this does not work in a ZPT ...
>
> <!-- Page Template Diagnostics
> Compilation failed
> TAL.HTMLTALParser.NestingError: No tags are open to match </p>, at
> line 3, column 1
> -->
>
> (The p tag is being implicitly closed so that the ul tag can be started)
>
> But, should I not be able to have a list in a paragraph?

As I recall from when I looked this up, lists are not permitted in
paragraphs per the HTML spec, and the compiler enforces this, although
most browsers don't.

But that's from memory. Feel free to contradict me with real doco.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."